Outpatient Treatment Options
Day treatment programs at Virginia Beach Psychiatric Center are for adults who experience mental health or chemical dependency issues but are stable enough to live at home during the recovery process. These programs offer the same intensity as acute inpatient care without requiring patients to stay in the hospital for the duration of treatment.
We offer day treatment programs for chemical dependency and mental health disorders. The treatment team includes a psychiatrist, medical doctor, nurse and social worker. Both programs take place Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Day treatment may serve as an alternative to inpatient care or a transitional option that may reduce the risk of re-hospitalization. Patients receive a no-cost assessment to help determine the level of care most appropriate for their treatment needs.
Day Treatment Program Requirements
- The individual requires treatment to reduce risk of hospitalization.
- The individual does not pose a threat of self-harm or harm to others.
- The individual can tolerate program demands (attendance and participation).
- The individual is mentally able to participate in cognitive-based interventions.
- The individual can handle their own care and medications.